Re: [kidsgames] Re: Kids Game Builder version 0.0.1

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 thudson@cygnus.com wrote:

> Jeffery Douglas Waddell wrote:
> >
> > hmm event synchronization, I wonder if the RTLinux stuff would be
> > overkill?
> >
> Actually, the  ALSA project (http://www.alsa-project.org) has
> managed to get some of the latency issues down to be appealing
> to musicians (and much better than win98/nt).

latency ... win98/nt... bwahhwahhahah.

> I'm not sure the
> average audience would even notice a 10ms difference between
> a visual event and its sound.

we aren't talking the average audience, we are talking about kids ;)
hehehe

> BTW, this will be the standard API shipped w/ Linux kernels around
> v2.5.

Why is ALSA to over take OSS that's in the kernel now?  Note that I don't
care a lot, just have had trouble getting ALSA to do anything for me,
while the OSS kernel driver's work fine.  I'm sure it's a time issue (not
enough time to mess with it )

> > Are you familiar with the how Encarta's different version's have different
> > "historical facts" depending on language and region.  It's kind of scary,
> > how fluid history really is.
> >
> I just saw an article about this recently. Pretty funny. Again M$ trying
> to everything to everyone.

In some situations it's funny in other's it's very sad and sometimes even
scary, and it's not just MS doing it.

> Thomas

Sincerely,

Jeff Waddell