[kidsgames] Re: mailing list\ support

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Brian & Carrie Thompson wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
>      I am interested in any developments on this front.

:)

>  I have basic linux
> and programming knowledge.

Great!

>  I would not claim to be a help in the technical
> field, but I do have ideas of what I like of the software that my son uses
> and am willing to assist in a creative ways I can.

Great!

>  I think perhaps the AI
> aspect and means of representing the knowledge/experiences in the software
> to all of the 7 intelligences (Howard Gardners work) should be the first
> milestone/discussion.

I'm unfamiliar with this work, will you elabarote/summarize for me so I
can understand what you are referring to?

>  I am willing to actively coach or play devils
> advocate to the development.

I'm sure that we will need it ;)

>  I have told my wife many times that if there
> were good educational software for our son we could finally get out from
> under Bills thumb.  I think the idea of developing an AI system for thee
> software first will more easily lend it self to being used in a wide range
> of educational setting.

Hmmm, for psychology the eliza AI was a very interesting phenomenon, I
imagine more work in that area (AI engines and such) has been done since
then.  Anybody volunteer to research the state of AI (particular freed AI
code)?

> Develop the Educational SDK and then people can
> develop their own educational software for the subjects in which they are
> experts and if it is a good enough SDK the knowledge can be added modular
> style for tailoring the education to the direction necessary.

hmm, for now I'm concentrating on the KGB (Kids Game Builder), although we
may find that we need the SDK of which you speak simply to do the KGB, it
will depend on several things.

>  I have
> college level experience in engineering chemistry and physics.

There are a few rudimentary tools in this area, such elem, and gperiodic,
(periodic tables), but nothing significant for kids.  There are a couple
of university level tools, although the names escape me at the moment.

> I have work
> experience in Chemistry and nuclear engineering and electronics.

:)

>  I have
> personal experience in education/training and have read many educational
> related materials and parenting materials.  Although I must say I am not one
> for looking at surveys.  My wife is a professional daycare provider and has
> been for the last 15 yrs and she is a great mother...  at least I and my son
> seem to think so.  I hope I have something I can offer this effort.  One of
> my dreams is to bring education and understanding to every corner of the
> earth and I think that this is quite possibly the way to do that.

I certainly hope this effort will lead to more of that ;)

> Sincerely,
>
> Brian Thompson
>
> briandthompson@hotmail.com

Sincerely,