[kidsgames] Re: Kids Game Builder version 0.0.1

Jeffery Douglas Waddell wrote:

> hmm event synchronization, I wonder if the RTLinux stuff would be
> overkill?

Actually, the  ALSA project (http://www.alsa-project.org) has
managed to get some of the latency issues down to be appealing
to musicians (and much better than win98/nt). I'm not sure the
average audience would even notice a 10ms difference between
a visual event and its sound.

BTW, this will be the standard API shipped w/ Linux kernels around
v2.5.

> Are you familiar with the how Encarta's different version's have different
> "historical facts" depending on language and region.  It's kind of scary,
> how fluid history really is.

I just saw an article about this recently. Pretty funny. Again M$ trying
to everything to everyone.

Thomas
-
kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the