Re: GUIs und kinder

Leon Brooks wrote:

> I've often thought that a different input device, especially for the
> very littlies, would be good. Somewhat easier under X than anything Bill
> offers. Tracballs are probably impractical, unless the actual mechanism
> can be completely sealed and easily cleaned, else it would quickly grind
> to a halt on slobber, food, and the other disgusting substances which
> abound in a child's world.

Yeah, I thought at one time that a touch screen might be great... then I got
the picture of a monitor covered in peanut butter :-).

> > I'm also a musician, and contribute
> > to open source projects developing better multimedia
> > capabilities for linux.
>
> Great... do you have good references for _useable_ public domain
> GM-based MIDI files?

Not offhand. I have a semi-pro recording studio that I'm slowly
reassembling after moving. So hopefully I will be able to contibute
original works, renditions of public domain music, and sound effects,
Real Soon Now.

Thomas
kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the
body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org