RE: [kidsgames] Rating systems and a KidsGames logo.

On 09-Sep-2000 Steve Baker wrote:

> So, we want a KidsGames logo so that games can use it as a 'button' to link
> the KidsGames site.
>
> Yes, we certainly need that - but how about adding a simple, voluntary
> 'Ratings'
> system to that button.
>
>    P   -- Preschool.
>    E   -- Good for Everyone.
>    T   -- Teenagers
>    M   -- Mature
>
> ...whatever.  We should probably use the identical scheme to the ESRB system,
> and make our button look recognisably similar - but make it different enough
> so we don't get sued - and make it incidentally be a link back to the
> KidsGames
> site where the ratings could be explained.

a lot of kids games (commercial, not necessarily video) use a range of ages.
Possibly we should try something like that? like games targetted at a certain
age range could be '6-12' or something, then have a couple like "M" for mature
and "A" for all/anyone? Trying to make a letter for every target would be
tedious and difficult to interpret I think :)

(snip)

        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~br0ke]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all
probability, they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore
may result in severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep
Refrigerated.

-
kidsgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe kidsgames"
in the body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org