Re: [kidsgames] Rating systems and a KidsGames logo.

Erik wrote:

> a lot of kids games (commercial, not necessarily video) use a range of ages.
> Possibly we should try something like that? like games targetted at a certain
> age range could be '6-12' or something, then have a couple like "M" for mature
> and "A" for all/anyone? Trying to make a letter for every target would be
> tedious and difficult to interpret I think :)

I wasn't proposing that we make up anything - just use the ESRB ratings system
that just about every commercial game in existance uses.  People with a great
deal more knowledge about this stuff than we have spent a lot of time thinking
it up - and (I think) most parents understand it...at least parents who pay
any attention to ratings will.  (Quake is 'M' rated - have you seen teenagers
playing it?)

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>