Re: [Libevent-users] When will libevent 2.x be released?

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Angus Salkeld <asalkeld@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are quite keen to use libevent for corosync (corosync.org)
> but wish to use the 2.x branch as our daemon is very threaded.
>
> When do you hope to release the 2.x branch?
>
> Note: there is no pressure we just want to plan when to do this work.

I was hoping for the first quarter of 2010, but that seems unlikely
unless the Python developers lend us their time machine.  ;)

Failing that, I'd be quite sad if the release candidate for 2.0.x
comes out later than May.  If this means pushing features out to
Libevent 2.1, so be it; with luck, Libevent 2.1 will have a much
shorter development cycle than 2.0.  Fortunately, Git makes it pretty
easy for us to hold off on merging code that isn't ready until it
really is ready for integration.

Our current tentative schedule (assuming I didn't misunderstand  my
last conversation with Niels and Chris) is to declare a feature freeze
for the end of April and try to get a release candidate out by the end
of May.

> Do you think this will make it into Fedora 14?

I have no idea; I don't know Fedora policies.  The Fedora maintainers
would probably be better people to ask about that.

--
Nick