Re: [Libevent-users] Simple question about multithreading SSL bufferevents.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 6:32 PM, John <jjchnk-libevent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am having significant issues with (near immediate) deadlock when trying to send data out a single openssl bufferevent from two separate threads.

FWIW, I can confirm that my current "21_deadlock_fix" branch makes
your example code run as expected.  See the thread "RFC: strategy for
deadlock avoidance and safe finalization in Libevent 2.1" from earlier
this month for more information on that.  I hope to clean it up in the
next few days and merge it soon. Ideally, I would like to get the next
Libevent 2.1.x-alpha released over this weekend.

best wishes,
--
Nick