[Libevent-users] libevent conflict on Centos6.7

Hi,

I have nfs-utils installed on system which has dependancy on libevent 1.4 , now with new requirement I need to install pgbouncer1.7 which have depdendancy on libevent-2.x version. Centos 6.7 updates doesn't have the libevent-2.x version publish. Its only available with Centos7.Â

Is there any support issue with libevent-2.x on version lower that Centos7 ?Â

To resolve this I am looking for below two appraoches:

1. Build libevent-2.x version on centos 6.7 and upgrade to libevent-2.x version on my system.

  ÂDo you see any issues while using libevent-2 with centos6.7 ?

2. Use libevent-1.4 and libevent-2.x in parallel by rebuilding and renaming libevent-2.x as  ÂÂ
  Âmylibevent-2.x.
  ÂIt looks like the source files are different names for both libevent version and should not be a problem if i use both version together on by system.

--
Thanks,

Akhilesh Kumar Shukla