Re: [Libevent-users] Lib and sample's compilation on Windows

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 05:32:02PM +0800, Tao Feng wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  I just started looking into libevent. On Linux the lib and samples
> compile fine and works as expected. But on Windows, how do you
> compile the lib and samples? Is there a script/makefile for this?

I either use mingw or nmake.  The project files are very out of date.
We should remove them from the release, unless somebody wants to
update them to match what Makefile.nmake does.

> I see there is a folder WIN32-Prj which contains VS project. The
> 2.0.3-alpha one does not compile. I managed to convert it into VS
> 2005 project and was able to compile it on winxp 32bits (there were
> some changes). However the event_test sample, the only one I tried,
> did not work constantly as it does on Linux. It did not block io, no
> event was notified. Is this expected behavior?

The samples could use some love; the real unit tests are in test/*.c .

If somebody wants to update sample/*.c to conform to good style, use
Libevent 2.0.x correctly, and work more portably, that would be great.

yrs,
--
Nick