Re: [Libevent-users] evhttp server on unix socket

Le Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 07:47:36AM +0100, Basile Starynkevitch ecrivait :
> However, I am interested to understand why you are asking that.
>
> In particular, at least under Linux, I know unfortunately no Web
> browser (or other HTTP client) able to send HTTP requests on an Unix
> socket.

  REST is not a browser-only protocol and has become a standard way for
applications to communicate.

  Also, proxies and web servers like Nginx can accept HTTP connections
and pass them to a backend on a Unix socket (still using HTTP).

  For instance my Simple COMET server
(https://github.com/jedisct1/Simple-Comet-Server) uses this in order
to provide long-polling to Nginx. The fastest way to use it is to run it on
the same server as Nginx, on a Unix socket. But the protocol remains HTTP.

--
Frank Denis - j [at] pureftpd.org - http://00f.net - Twitter: @jedisct1