[Libevent-users] ANN: Libevent 2.0.10-stable is released

Libevent 2.0.10-stable is out; Libevent 2.0 is finally stable.

You can get it from SourceForge at:

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/levent/files/libevent/libevent-2.0/libevent-2.0.10-stable.tar.gz/download

There's also a pgp signature of it (by me) there, at:

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/levent/files/libevent/libevent-2.0/libevent-2.0.10-stable.tar.gz.asc/download

They should be up on monkey.org in a little while.

There have only been a few changes since 2.0.9-rc: there a couple of
important bugfixes, and a few cleanups.  See the ChangeLog for full
details.  This release has had the shortest diff of any in the 2.0
series.

Since 1.4 there have been a great many changes.  The ChangeLog has an
exhaustive list, and the whatsnew-2.0.txt document has a more
human-readable list.

Libevent 2.0.x is still in bugfix-only mode.  I've started a
"patches-2.0" branch in the Git repository for work on Libevent 2.0.x.

The Git master branch is now for work on Libevent 2.1.x; my current
inclination is to aim to have 2.1.x out in 9 months or so, which would
suggest conservatively that we should stop taking big feature patches
after April, and stop taking _all_ feature patches after May.

I've already started to taper off the patches that I'll add to the 1.4.x
release, and now it's going to get even more tapered.  For a bug to get
fixed in 1.4.x, it needs to be really serious.  Eventually, I'm going to
stop supporting 1.4.x entirely.  Anybody who's still on 1.4.x will
probably be on their own after about this time next year.

Thanks to Christopher Davis, Constantine Verutin, Evan Jones, and Kelly
Brock for their help with this release, and to everybody who helped with
Libevent 2.0 in general.  See the README for a more complete list of
contributors.

many thanks,
--
Nick