Re: [Libevent-users] libevent is blocking on me

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Ron Combs <roncombs64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> inside of a http handler using evhttp, i am using evhttp_make_request to
> connect to a remote site and then i print the content.
>
> when i run many request to the evhttp server, after a few request it blocks.
>
> what im doing is it possible to do if so why is it blocking?

Hi Ron,

your email does not contain a lot of details.   Is the connection
object that you are using for a request causing name resolution?  I.e.
is the address you provide an IP address or a host name.    Do you use
a new connection for each request or do you re-use the same connection
object?   Multiple requests get queue on a connection, so it's
possible that if one requests takes longer that it seems to you that
the remaining requests are being blocked.

Niels.