[Libevent-users] running libevent with multiple bases

I have an architecture that reads and writes to a large number of
sockets, where the sockets are spread over a number of threads, each
with its own libevent base. Each socket is "owned" by a single
libevent base, and the bases don't interact with each other. I opted
for this architecture rather than a thread pool/job distribution one
because most of the heavy lifting should be interacting with the
sockets. I've read a couple of posts stating that multiple threads
with bases aren't really supported in libevent, but what I have so far
seems to be working.

Does what I've described seem like a reasonable thing to do in
libevent 2.0.5? I've also enabled pthreads just to be safe, although
I'm not exactly sure pthreads is actually contributing to anything.

Thanks in advance,
Amy