Re: [Libevent-users] SSL support in evhttp.h

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1) Would you mind uploading this to the patch tracker at
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=50884&atid=461324  ?
> Because Libevent 2.0 is feature-frozen for now, I can't merge anything
> for a while, and I wouldn't want to forget about this between now and
> then.

uploaded.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3036905&group_id=50884&atid=461324
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3036914&group_id=50884&atid=461324

> 2) Does this "callback to set the bufferevent" trick have other
> realistic applications?  If the only use is getting https to work, we
> might as well just hide the details from the user and provide an
> interface to do https directly.

this "callback to set the bufferevent" trick has no other realistic
usage now except getting https to work. but i think expose this
interface maybe useful under other situations, for example, some
bufferevent filters can be applied at this point.

Best regards,
  Zhuang Yuyao