Re: [Libevent-users] SSL support in evhttp.h

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Zhuang Yuyao <mlistz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
>
> here is my patch and sample code for libevent 2.0 to add ssl support to evhttp.
> the trick is to allow the caller to set bufev of struct evhttp_connection.
>
> Best regards,
>  Zhuang Yuyao

Thanks!

Two quick questions:

1) Would you mind uploading this to the patch tracker at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=50884&atid=461324  ?
Because Libevent 2.0 is feature-frozen for now, I can't merge anything
for a while, and I wouldn't want to forget about this between now and
then.

2) Does this "callback to set the bufferevent" trick have other
realistic applications?  If the only use is getting https to work, we
might as well just hide the details from the user and provide an
interface to do https directly.

yrs,
--
Nick