Re: [Libevent-users] Fwd: leaking munmap

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Thomas Dial <dialtr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, Bob.
> I assume the tests need to compile on all platforms.  I know how this will
> shake out on Linux, but not exactly sure about Windows.  Off the cuff, do
> you think it would be acceptable to get a test set up that (for now) only
> runs on certain platforms?  Maybe that's a question for Nick-- not sure.
> TD
>
> ________________________________

This is a good program for _demonstrating_ the leak and seeing that
it's gone.  It's not exactly an approach something you can build a
unit test around, though -- at least, not in a portable way.  (Relying
on lsof to see if the thing really got munmapped is a fine thing to do
in an experiment, but not a great thing for the unit tests.)

I think that right now, the best approach is probably to merge the
obvious patch and move on.  Anybody feeling like writing that up as in
"git format-patch" format (or as a branch I can merge somewhere), or
should I stick it on my queue?

yrs,
--
Nick