Re: [Libevent-users] Fwd: leaking munmap

Oh, certainly. It was only meant to show the leak and not as a model for portable unit testing.
The leak only occurs on systems that have HAVE_MMAP defined, and is really just a basic arithmetic counting oversight.
I can't imagine requiring a unit test for it, but it is your home turf. You set the rules.

This is a good program for _demonstrating_ the leak and seeing that
it's gone.  It's not exactly an approach something you can build a
unit test around, though -- at least, not in a portable way.  (Relying
on lsof to see if the thing really got munmapped is a fine thing to do
in an experiment, but not a great thing for the unit tests.)

I think that right now, the best approach is probably to merge the
obvious patch and move on.  Anybody feeling like writing that up as in
"git format-patch" format (or as a branch I can merge somewhere), or
should I stick it on my queue?

yrs,
--
Nick