Re: [Libevent-users] Counting the number of transferred bytes

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 08:17:54PM +0200, Steffen Christgau wrote:
> Based on what I have seen in the le-proxy example and the zlib
> regression test, my impression was that it would be sufficient to
> replace the bufferevent of the (openssl) socket with the one returned by
> the filter and use the original bufferevent as underlying bev.
>
> This is what I've done in the https-client example. I added a "null"
> filter for both incoming and outgoing data and which passes data through
> but does nothing else except printing a message that the filter was
> invoked.  You can find an according patch attached to this mail.
> However, it does not work as expected. With the patch, the client is
> broken. The TCP connection to the HTTP(s) server is still established,
> but no data is transferred and the filters aren't invoked. For accesses
> to HTTPS, the TLS handshake is done, but again no filter is invoked and
> no HTTP traffic is observed.

Well the patch does not work correct, and if you will take a closer
look into it you will see that filter_in/filter_out will not be used for
https.

Anyway even after rewriting it correctly it still did not work right, I
will get back once I will find out what is going on.