Re: [Libevent-users] dns request type ANY

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Artem <ru.netz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everybody, is there plans to implement 'ANY' type of DNS request in
> evdns?

Emmanuel Vadot started a patch series; it needs some revision, but it
looks promising:

https://github.com/nmathewson/Libevent/pull/77

He said he'd try to revise it "in the next week or so" 25 days ago, so
it might need some help.

Alternatively, it would be cool to see drop-in support for more
full-featured resolvers (unbound, ldns, dnssec-tools, etc etc).  Don't
get me wrong -- I would indeed like to make evdns more featureful than
it is today -- but I think that it's unrealistic for us to try to roll
and maintain our own dnssec implementation.

yrs,
--
Nick