[Libevent-users] event_priority_set() function and some questions about event priority and

I have some questions on libevent event priority

1 what is the priority number range?

2 in the mannual, it says By default, libevent assigns the middle priority to all events unless their priority is explicitly set. so what is the exact default priority number?

3 when priority is higher, the number is smaller or larger?

4 There are two functions which are related to event priority in libevent. event_priority_init() and event_priority_set, what are the differences between them?

5 what are return values for event_priority_set(struct event *ev, int pri)? I notice an article says something like: when an event is ready, it can't be set and calling of this function returns -1. I really don't understand what does this mean? can anyone explain a bit? thanks!