[Libevent-users] event_base_dispatch not returning

I'm trying to get an event loop running, using event_base_dispatch. However, the function fails to return (blocks)

I had it running, until I changed something in another source file - which might be a part of the callback structure.

Here's (sort of) what my code looks like:

ev1 = event_new(base, fd, EV_READ|EV_PERSIST, grab_packet, some_struct)
event_base_dispatch(base); //this is where it gets stuck

void grab_packet()
{
Â...
Â...
Âsome_other_func();
}

some_other_Func()
{
Â...
Â...
Âyet_another_func();
}

yet_another_func()
{
Â//changes here caused event_base_dispatch to start blocking
}

Sorry the code is sketchy, but I don't know if I'm authorized to give out the details of it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Stephen Andrew
Undergraduate, Electrical Engineering
Missouri University of Science and Technology