[Libevent-users] Migrating from Subversion to Git

Libevent has migrated its version control system from Subversion to
Git.  This will affect developers, as well as anybody who has been
tracking development on the Subversion repository.

My sense is that many developers are using Git already; at least half
of the patches I get seem to be generated by the git-svn wrapper,
which I've been using myself for a while too.  We're making the shift
so we can do a better job of testing out and sharing big patch series
in separate branches before we merge them into the main repository.
(Even with just a few developers, it's a pain passing revised patches
back and forth without committing them, but committing unfinished
patches is risky business for stability.)

Anyway, the read-only URL for our official public git repository is:

        git://levent.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/levent/libevent

So to fetch a copy, you'd run

        git clone git://levent.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/levent/libevent

If you want email notification when a patch is merged, you can still
subscribe to the levent-commits mailing list:

If you're new to Git, there is a pretty good tutorial and a pretty
good user manual on the main git site (http://git-scm.org/):

  http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html
  http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html

Some people like the "Everyday Git" quick-reference:
  http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/everyday.html

Git for SVN users:
  http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html

This may also be a good time to consider the parable of the bikeshed:
  http://www.bikeshed.com/    ;)

--
Nick Mathewson