[Libevent-users] Pipelining support?

I'm building something with libevent (still exploring) that uses HTTP/1.1 pipelining,
and has a timing requirement on the responses.  It seems to me that when
using pipelining, one wants to grab the request as soon as possible,
before having responded to the earlier requests,
at least to set a timeout based on the time of arrival of the request,
if not to actually start processing it.

Apparently the code doesn't even read the following requests until the earlier requests
have responded.  It looks like there's a single connection state for the request/response
pair -- whereas in pipelining perhaps what is needed is a separate state for
incoming and outgoing, and also some way to delay responses that are out of order.

Has anyone done this before?  Are there any plans to introduce this in 2.0?
Just checking before embarking on my own code changes (which always take
longer than one thinks...).

-- Steve Handerson