Re: [Libevent-users] Proper socket shutdown.

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Kelly Brock <Kerby@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, so figured out a way to do this and it seems clean and works with the
> select based backend but not the iocp based backend.  Basically I just set
> the watermark for write to 1 and 0 and set a flag for "shutting down write".
> When I get the write callback at this point, I just call the shutdown write
> side and eventually I get my eof's and everything seems to be properly
> flushed and clean.
>
> But, it does not seem to work on the IOCP version which seems a bit odd
> since this should be handled at the OS level and automatically dealt with.
> I'm fairly confident of the test code given it starts and stops event_base
> 10 times, runs 1024 sockets through the connection, send/recv and shutdown
> all without errors.
>
> I'll see if I can figure out the problem but it's been a while since I poked
> the hornet's net which is IOCP...

Hi, Kelly, and thanks for checking that out.

If you don't find the bug (or if you don't find a fix for the bug)
right away, could you please post some test code to help reproduce and
demonstrate it, either here or on the bugtracker?  (Send a link if
it's long.)  This is the kind of thing we should get fixed in 2.0 if
possible.

many thanks,
--
Nick