Re: [Libevent-users] Touble with installing libevent as user on Solaris

Johan Commelin writes:
> On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Harlan Stenn <stenn@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The stock shell on (old) solaris is most ancient and has a number of
> > quirks.
> >
> > If /usr/xpg4/bin/sh exists, I recommend you do whatever you can to
> > invoke that instead.
>
> I do have bash available on the box. That's what I run as login shell.
> I have not checked what shell I was dropped into, but I guess it is
> also bash: the prompt has the same formatting.
>
> What exactly do you mean with invoking /usr/xpg4/bin/sh ? Should I put
> the directory /usr/xpg4/bin/ to the front of my $PATH ?

That may or may not be enough - the 'configure' process will sometimes
look thinks up to get the fully-rooted path, and then use that.

See http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html and look
for CONFIG_SHELL.

http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html#Defining-Variables
may help.