Re: [Libevent-users] SSL problems after update to libeven 2.1.8

> Also it contains some fixes for cmake (since I don't like autotools due
> to how difficult to handle every single dependency right there, in
> particular "make -C 3rdparty/libprocess/ -j4 libprocess-tests" will not
> built all dependencies, if you curious).

That part I have yet to look into but I believe that we are still incomplete on our CMake adoption - specifically for building our own libprocess without building the entire Mesos project. Will pick up on that soonish.

> Thanks but this contribution guide requires too much actions for this
> small patches, so I would rather prefer the second option.

sgtm - got a patch series up now;  see https://reviews.apache.org/r/68906/

Note that I moved the setup of EV_READ | EV_WRITE setup a bit further up on the connect part. I was worried that without doing so, we could possibly run into races caused by data being available early. This would be matching our callback setup timing. Please let me know if that was not in line with best practices on the use of libevent.

>>> Also since you wrote that "reverting makes thing worse" could you verify referenced patches (including osx) ?
>>
>> Am doing that right now. Getting back to you later today.
>>
>> Thanks so much again, I am dancing in circles right now, that is how much this issue bothered me.
>
> Great! Let's see if he issue will gone! (obvious it should)

I can confirm it works as expected in the following combinations;

macOS 10.14.1 - libevent 2.2
macOS 10.14.1 - libevent 2.1.8
macOS 10.14.1 - libevent 2.0.22
Ubuntu 16.04 - libevent 2.1.8