[Libevent-users] Re: libevent 2.1.11-stable breaks the links browser

> OK, so I will just add a code that blacklists version 2.1.11 and assume
> that all the following versions will be ok.

FYI: upstream commit is ddacaef59ab6808a0801007d0a681f2415af4871

> BTW - I'd like to ask - is it OK to call event_base_free from the libevent
> callback after fork? (assuming that we never return back to the callback)
>
> I want to avoid leaking file descriptors to external programs started by
> links

Hm, what about O_CLOEXEC?

> - so in the forked child I call event_reinit(base) and
> event_base_free(base) just to clean the open file descriptors. Is it OK or
> is it unsupported?

Hm, AFAIR you have analog of daemon(3), so in this case parent is gone
and child process doing all the job, then why do you call
event_base_free() just after event_reinit(), what did I miss?

But anyway you cannot call event_base_free() from the loop, but if you
call _exit() just after event_base_free(), than who cares?

--
  Azat.