XShipWars

Yup,
  I've been monitoring the XShipwars project, which is
a 2D space sim/fighting thing that's been under construction
for a year.  It's not the most "open" of all "open source"
projects so info is not that easy to get; I mean the picture of
what SDKs it uses, how it's built etc is a bit fuzzy.  But it looks
promising though, and from what I understand there's even a
spinoff project called YIFF which would be a game-independent
sound server (the X equivalent for sound I guess) for Linux.
  Now I've been thinking about interviewing the people behind
it to clear all these matters up; the question to the list (or to CR ;)
is, would that be worthwile ?  Relevant ?  Or should it just be
an honorable mention in the Game Of The Month section but nothing
more ?...

Bert