Re: Make, make, make. . .

> Organizing the file heirarchy to suit make is really the tail wagging the
> dog.  The file heirarchy is there to structure the code sensibly for
> humans to understand - make's job is to build that heirarchy.

Oh no, I definitely don't organize things to suit make. I have makefiles
in each directories, just like most projects. They just are included
instead of running another make in them.

The most annoying difference I can find is that at many places you have
to spell out the full path from the root of the project, but makefile
design differences are minimal, IMHO.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Systems Exorcist