Re: 3D and Laptop

Dennis Payne wrote:

> I've finally decided I need a new laptop with 3D hardware acceleration.
> Has anyone else looked into it?  How well is the Raedon supported under
> Linux?

To quote someone off Linuxtoday earlier this week "...3D doesn't work for
Radeon 8500 cards, and the 7500 series 3D is an abomination."

These days, the chances are that if you want decent 3D you're after a
machine with an NVidia card or you're in trouble (of course, UMMV, UNWADA)

Chris
--
=[     Explorer2260, Designer and Coder     \=\ P: TexMaker, ROACH, site \