Re: 3D and Laptop

> principles and suffer nVidia's binary-only drivers (which actually work
> quite well in areas related to OpenGL programming

Just a note in case anyone here doesn't know it already: when using the
NVidia drivers with an AGP card in an Athlon or Duron system you more
or less definately have to add

mem=nopentium

to the kernel boot options. If you do not do this the stability of your
system will be drastically reduced, often requiring hard resets to correct
lock-ups. References:

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-01-21-001-20-NW-KN
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-01-24-014-20-NW-KN
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-01-28-004-20-NW-KN

> [My new GeForce-4 Ti 4600 is **amazing** - 128Mb of on-board memory...Mmmmm!]

They are impressive aren't they (I've got one of the Creative 3D Blaster
Ti4600 boards, weird heatsinks those things have!). I can certainly tell the
difference coming form a GeForce2MX!

Chris
--
=[     Explorer2260, Designer and Coder     \=\ P: TexMaker, ROACH, site \