Re: Scripting

Dmitry Samoyloff wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want to use some scripting language (like TCL or Perl) in my
> 3D action game for a game logic and AI but I don't know yet how
> to do that. I read some articles on this topic but there was no
> deep technical description. Particularly I would like to know
> how to:
>
> 1) call scripts from my C++ game engine
>
> 2) call the engine's functions from the scripts
>
> Any links and/or advices would be very appreciated!
>
> Regards, Dmitry Samoyloff

I suggest using LUA (www.lua.org).

We have used SIOD (http://www.cs.indiana.edu/scheme-repository/imp/siod.html),
but my code isn't a good example how to use it (very ugly hack :).

The scripting language can also be used for the configuration, you didn't
need any ini file parsers.

Bye,
Johns
--
Become famous, earn no money, create music or graphics for FreeCraft RTS
http://FreeCraft.Org  -  FreeCraft a free real-time strategy game engine