Re: Scripting

Katie Lauren Lucas wrote:

> Actually, compilation I don't have an issue with - it's /linking/ that seems to
> take forever.
>
> Another thing about scripting is that you can just reload it into the running
> game if you set it all up right. Saves even needing to restart the game. You
> could, if you were sick enough, build an editor into the game...

Compile to '.so' libraries (which can remain independent of the parent program
at compile/link time) - then pull them in at runtime with dlopen/dlsym/dlclose.

Not a problem - I do it all the time.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net