Re: [linuxgames] Re: On C++ multiple inheritance

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 11:22:29PM +0200, Pascal Maillard wrote:
> If I wrote a book about, for example, C, I
> wouldn't write "goto is a cool feature", because then I'll get tons of mails
> from people blaming me for their spaghetti-code.

I can't dig up the precise quote, but it's something like:

  The beginner uses GOTO indiscriminately.
  The novice avoids GOTO indiscriminately.
  The master is discriminate enough to use GOTO where it's needed.

(Major apologies to whoever came up with the original quote.
My paraphrase doesn't do it justice.)

Somethin' to ponder. ;)

-bill!