Re: sound worries

James wrote:
> is there anything like
> this for Linux???  speed is my major concern.....  i really do not care
> about compatibility with other Unixes, just Linux on x86`s really.....

Midas is available for Linux, as are a few other sound options that do
roughly the same thing such as libmikmod. Midas I don't think is open
source though... (that was a consideration for me. It may not be for
you.)

> do i have to code my own mixing routines or what???

You might want to. It's not *that* hard. I coded a simple sound effects
mixer in a day or two.

Jeff Read <bitwize@geocities.com>
Unix Code Artist, Anime Fan, Really Cool Guy