Re: guide for (future) hardcore linux gamers

> I'd like to throw in an idea: to write a guide for people who would eventually
> want to get the best out of their machines for gaming. This would mean that a
> set of scripts would be written which would i.e. disable stuff like fetchmail
> and other networking stuff. Fetchmail was mentioned here before (I'm not sure
> whether it was agreed on it being disturbing during gameplay though:).

First off this seems more of a linuxgames.com sort of thing not something
for the linux game development center.

Otherwise I just don't know how usefull such a thing would be.  In general
you simply want as little output from "ps" as possible.  Probably the
hardest thing is making sure you get a well supported 3d card (assuming
3d games).

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com