Re: libmikmod woes..

Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

> > And when it comes to 3D, most of the stuff handled by renderers needs to
> > be re-done anyway for collision detection (I havn't seen any libraries
> > that handle it), so I do that stuff myself.
>
> Without OpenGL or do you mean without a high level 3D API like
> CrystalSpace and instead plain OpenGL?

You really can't do fast 3D without OpenGL (not if you want to be
portable
at least), the ONLY alternatives with hardware support are: D3D (Windoze
only), GLIDE (3Dfx only) and Mesa (OpenGL in all but name).

One thing that is utterly certain is that if any library claims it's
going to add 3D support on top of it's existing 3D support, it is
doomed to fail.  2D is a special case of 3D - and not vice-versa.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker