Re: OpenGL resolutions

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 04:45:05PM +0100, Katie Lucas wrote:
>
> > I am. I would be "not running X" if I thought for a single moment Glut
> > would work on the console... because that would free up some memory,
> > but writing a GLUT replacement for console a) seems boring and b) is/was
> > being done by a (not very highly motivated) friend of mine. [Hi Crisp!]
>
> Hi!  Fxglut has been done.  It works, it's stable.

Jgood!!

> Not having a server
> process if the application gets stuck it can lock up the console.  But
> then I've had some DRI lockups while working on freeglut that have
> required a reboot.

<chuckle>

If you recall, I did all that SVGALIB stuff so I've still got all the
scripts for things like "watch this process and if it doesn't prod you
before it exits, reboot the machine cleanly. And reboot it anyway if
it's still running in N minutes time.."

Watching fsck run is like insult to injury after the damn thing has
hung somewhere...

> And by the way the X resolution has no effect on the Voodoo 2.  All
> that stuff about Modelines and XF86VidMode extensions does not apply
> the Voodoo 1 or 2.  The thing about those old 3dfx cards is they do
> not support doublescan.  So modes below 512x384 don't work.

Ah. So how /does/ it work with Voodoo cards? I've got one box with a
V1 {Yes. Excession is /STILL/ going altho it aint half getting old
now..}, one with a V2 and one with a geForce I haven't put Linux on
yet to test with.