Re: OpenGL resolutions

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 09:40:58AM +0100, Katie Lucas wrote:

> > And by the way the X resolution has no effect on the Voodoo 2.  All
> > that stuff about Modelines and XF86VidMode extensions does not apply
> > the Voodoo 1 or 2.  The thing about those old 3dfx cards is they do
> > not support doublescan.  So modes below 512x384 don't work.

> Ah. So how /does/ it work with Voodoo cards? I've got one box with a
> V1 {Yes. Excession is /STILL/ going altho it aint half getting old
> now..}, one with a V2 and one with a geForce I haven't put Linux on
> yet to test with.

Glide initialises the video hardware on the Voodoo card from timings
compiled into glide itself.  The only control you have is the resolution
and frame rate.  Using Mesa's fake glx it will get the resolution from
the size of the window and the frame rate from and environment variable.

--
Christopher John Purnell  | I thought I'd found a reason to live
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | Just like before when I was a child