Re: what about TSR and GPL

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Willem Robert van Hage wrote:

> Does anybody know if I can make a game that uses the
> Technical Support Rules (AD&D, Alternity etc etc)
> under GPL? would Wizards of the Coast / TSR mind?
> Or is that "right" reserved for SSI?
> I mean, I'd have expected them to say noone may port
> Roborally to a free linux version, but what about new games?
> I got my own world, so I'm not using anything except the
> rules.

TSR used to have some information on their site about, development using
products under their copyright.

I know people like Steve Jackson have lincenses for freeware type
development.

Nicholas

--
      "I reserve the right to contradict myself"
Nicholas Lee (Li Peng Ming)  n.j.lee at statslab.cam.ac in uk