Re: GUI systems

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Chris Purnell wrote:

>On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 12:03:12PM -0500, Will Weisser wrote:
>
>> > Isn't that a KDE thing.  Not much good unless you are already
>> > running KDE.
>
>> Not really...you need the KDE libs (and QT), but thats no diferent from a
>> program requiring plib (for example).  I use it for all my programming and its
>> extremely slick...I'm currently writing a chinese poker game in GTK-- with it.
>
>It's not the same.  Taking the example of plib.  Plib is a small package
>that requires GL, X and libc.  While the KDE libs have a depenency list
>as long as your arm.  The same goes for gnome, only more so.

I think the packages 'kdelibs' and 'kdesupport' are what's needed. They
seem to depend on (according to RPM) on:

	Qt
	X11, Xext
	libjpeg
	libungif
	gdbm
	standard m, stdc++, c -libraries

Not that bad, and I think most stuff comes with a normal distribution
nowadays. Of course the RPM:s may have missing dependencies...

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream