Re: GFX under Linux

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Xarvh wrote:

> There is a simple way to get in 800x600x16bpp under Linux? I've tried
> unsuccessfully SDL, then i had a look to X11, but it seems very
> complex if not really far from what i need.

If you are running X, your display need to be set up to have a resolution
in 800x600 to actually use this resolution. If you need true 16 bpp
support, your x server need to run in this resolution.

SDL can emulate both (if there is a larger surface and software
conversion), but X can not change bpp on demand.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your