Re: GFX under Linux

Chris wrote:

> #08-Dec-01# Message from *Mads Bondo Dydensborg*:
> Hi Mads,
>>Please note, that games are only really a requirement for users below the
>>age of 30. For people in the fifties, office stuff is still about the
>>only application they run,
>
> That's a very agist view. Many people I know over 30 or 40 enjoy the odd
> game. They may not be sat in front of the computer playing games all the
> time, but they still like to be able to use them..

Hey, I'm over 30 and I still play games on a regular basis. In fact
I just finished a session of "No One Lives Forever" (fun game). I
hook my laptop up to the TV and play while my wife lays on the couch
and shouts advice to (at?) me. Better than TV. Though it's true that
I now spend more time coding on my own game, and less time playing
others.

I would say people over 40 maybe, because they were less likely to grow
up with video games, but even there I would be skeptical.

Jason
379