Re: GTK+ & OpenGL

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 11:11:02PM -0600, Randall Hopper wrote:

> Search for gtkglarea.

I have used gtkglarea previously.  But what if I want to turn off the
mouse pointer and move the space ship in the simulation according to
the mouse movements; and then at a later stage, by the press of a key,
show the user interface buttons, show the mouse pointer and take away
the control of the space ship?

Using GTK+-1.2, is it possible to get exclusive control of the mouse
and not allow the mouse pointer to move to any other window?  In all
the cases, I want my application to run at full screen mode.

I am aware of an application named "Celestia" and I remember reading
somewhere in the source code that such type of behavior is not
possible with GTK but is possible with Qt.  I guess this was the state
of developement in _that_ version of Celestial.  IMHO, If its possible
with Qt, it should be possible with GTK, maybe with some addition to
the API, maybe its possible with GTK+-2.0, since this somethis that
should be supported by X.

--
Abhir Joshi
http://education.vsnl.com/abhir/