Re: What to do.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 06:14:34PM -0500, J. Perkins wrote:

> >I decided that the first thing I need is a map editor.  So that is
> >what I've been working on.  I've got routines for loading, saving
> >and rendering the maps.  I've got code for handling the textures
> >and manipulating the camera.  I've got it to a point where you
> >can move around the as yet empty map.
> >So what do I do next?

> How about some more details? What kind of game is it? What kind
> of maps are you trying to make?

I would like to keep the exact details of the game to myself for now
but it is one where you control a human character from a 3rd person
perspective.

I wan't the maps to be of an outside setting.  I started with the idea
of using a simple highmap but that was not flexable enought.  I then
moved towards using a tile based landscape.  But I'm not too sure about
that.  I'm left with arbitary triangles x/y constrained within squares
in a grid.

--
Christopher John Purnell  | A friend in need's a friend in deed
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | A friend with weed is better