Re: Light Princess -- Where are those programmers?

On Thu 22 Februar 2001 03:10 Erik wrote:
> That being said, I'd suggest you look into setting up realtime
> meetings using something like IRC so you can be in immediate
> communication and do all the argueing, changing, etc and try to
> get a real evolution of the system spec.

I would emphasize on that one. A lot of projects I know of is regularly
assembled somewhere to chat, IRC around and play. It just gives you this
"what have I done in this week?" feeling, and after all the serious mailing
list discussion you'll have a certain point to relax and share some future
dreams with the others :)
And it's most likely something you won't miss since you've started it.

Personally I think it is (still?) harder to find artists than programmers.
But it is hard enough to get someone working on a project in fulltime.
What Terry wrote, "it would be a shame to see it collapse for lack of
interested programmers!", is true indeed, as a project in the fast-growing
Linux game environment seems already dead when there is only some weeks
without a release.

Just my opinion (as someone who's programming experience has mostly grown out
of Open Source projects, so I may see this wrong).

Josef Spillner

--
The MindX Project - http://mindx.sourceforge.net
student - js177634@inf.tu-dresden.de