Re: Which Game SDK to choose?

Poizon wrote:
Thanks for your answer.

During my research, I stepped over PLIB, too, but I thought it was for 3D use only? Does it provide the same 2D capabilities as the other toolkits?
The main thrust of PLIB is to support OpenGL applications.  However, OpenGL
is highly applicable to 2D rendering - so PLIB can be (and indeed has been)
used for 2D applications as well as 3D.

With modern graphics hardware, the fastest way to draw any kind of graphics
is using the full capabilities of the graphics card - and the only way to do
that (portably) is to use OpenGL.

In OpenGL, 2D is just a special case of 3D.

The second law of Frisbee throwing states: "Never precede any maneuver
by a comment more predictive than "Watch this!"...it turns out that
this also applies to writing Fragment Shaders.
Steve Baker                      (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
L3Com/Link Simulation & Training (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: sjbaker@link.com           http://www.link.com
Home: sjbaker1@airmail.net       http://www.sjbaker.org