Re: Is Linuxgames still alive?

> Space Trading game.
> coding goals (short term, the "simple" game):
>
> - create ports where items can be traded.
> - create ships to transport these items
> - create a star system to put the ports and ships in, simplest version would be
> one port per star to begin with
> - create a market, a way of varying the price of items from port to port and a
> system of currency
>
> As stated this would be a fairly simple version of the full game, but would be
> an excellent starting point.  Right now I am *very* interested in making it a
> Java project.  If someone wants to help me out, and insists that it must be in C
> or whatever, I can bend.  But if it is simply you have no experience with Java,
> then I would say that Java is very easy to learn.

What if we just make it a strategy game?.... I'm asuming that we need this simple
game to show off some graphics etc.. for the other libs??... So lets say we make it
an Economic strategy game.... with Economic influence in replacement for invading
other star systems??... so we'll have these star ports etc. and trade ships etc..
but we'll also have something of an incentive other than getting rich. ??...
and then maybe we can show off some graphics with the interface or something like
that.. just a simple game... It doesn't need endless levels, ultra - hard AI... we
just need to design it a bit.. then write some code... add some more code... and
let the opensource evolution decide what to do with it.

So we'll be able to get over and done with our main objectives which are... to
Illustrate how to make a simple game on Linux... (for other new would be linux game
developers)..... to show off some of the libs or sdks that the LGDC is trying to
promote... And then we write an article or paper on our experience....

Agreed??