Re: IDE

Darel Finkbeiner wrote:

> I'm looking for opinions ( and there seem to be no end of them on this list )
> about a good IDE for programming in C/C++.

If you don't like emacs or xemacs (which you really should ;o) you could
try those already mentioned (Rhide, xwpe, the wonderful debugger ddd
etc). Someone mentioned CodeWarrior, but AFAIK the /real/ CodeWarrior,
i.e. the MetroWerks commercial, proprietary one is being ported to Linux
and will be out in Spring 99. But there's a UI-clone, called
CodeCrusader at http://www.its.caltech.edu/~jafl/jcc/ (check the
license) which has a class/struct view tree which is quite nice, built
in editor (but can be changed to use any other) and debugger (frontend
to gdb). Its all very nice, very Mac-like. Definitly worth a try.
Alternatively try CodeForge (sorry can't find the url)

Greetings